LUBRICANTS AND BRAKE FLUIDS
1. Hub/Wheel Bearing Lubricants Recommended.
A. Grease Lubricated – High Quality NLGI 2 High Temperature Grease – Blue/Red.
B. Oil Lubricated – High Quality Non-Synthetic SAE 80-90 Wt. Gear Oil.
2. Hydraulic Surge Brakes & Actuator Fluid Recommended.
A. Drum & Disc Brakes – Heavy Duty DOT 3 or DOT 4 Brake Fluid.
3. Cushion/Gravity Cylinder(s), (Tilt Car Haulers) A. ATF Transmission Fluid or Equivalent
E-Z Lube Grease – Bearing Lubrication
- Remove the Rubber Plug from the End of The Grease Cap.
- Using a Manual Standard Grease Gun, Make Sure Grease Gun Nozzle is Fully Engaged on the Fitting.
- Slowly Pump Grease into the Fitting Until the Old Grease Begins to Flow Back out the Cap Around the Grease Gun and the New Clean Grease is Observed.
- MUST Rotate Hubs While Adding Grease.
- Replace the Rubber Plug in the Cap and Wipe Off Any Excess Grease.
Oil – Bearing Lubrication
- Periodically Fill Hub With Oil Through the Rubber Plug Hole in the Cap to the Level Indicated on the Clear Plastic Oil Cap.
- Oil is Recommended to be Replaced Every12 Months or 12,000 Miles.
- Inspect Oil Caps and Rings for Leaks, Replace if Necessary